One of the most common themes I’ve heard from watching tech start-up interviews such as Pando Monthly, The Dragons Den, and TED Talks is that everything starts with people, not necessarily the product or concept of the business itself. Here is a TED Talks video of Rachel Botsman discussing the importance of trust and why its fueling creative new open source business models. It’s a great watch for everyone. Check it out.
Monthly Archives: January 2013
Years ago, I picked up Richard Branson’s Biography and quickly became fascinated with the process of creating things, keys to success and the importance of taking action. I am now following Branson’s Twitter posts and recently came across his “Top 10 tips for making lists“. Check it out. There’s also a great website called Asana founded by Dustin Moskovitz (cofounder of Facebook) that I used everyday which I’d highly recommend for creating lists.
- Write down every single idea you have, no matter how big or small
- Always carry a notebook
- Find a list method that works for you. Doodles, bullet-points, charts – what suits you best?
- Make a list of small, manageable tasks to complete every day
- Mark off every completed task – you’ll find making each tick very satisfying
- Make your goals measurable so you know if your plans are working
- Set far off, outlandish goals. What do you want to have achieved by 2020? How about 2050?
- Include personal goals in your lists, not just business
- Share your goals with others. You can help motivate each other further
- Celebrate your successes – then make new lists of new goal
Choose the right colour painting specifically for specific personalities and style.